Monday, September 07, 2009

Be who you already are!

There may be times when we feel like we are not performing as well as we think we should.

Maybe, we can't help but think:
"God has done so much for me, but I'm failing so many times... I just don't deserve his forgiveness. I need to do better, try harder, so I'm worth being called 'a child of God'."

But listen, Ephesians 2:8 says: "For it is by grace you have been saved, through faith - and this not from yourselves, it is the gift of God."

You can not earn being a child of God by performing well - it is grace! Pure grace!

You might be a "work in progress", and yes, there might be some things that God needs to change in you - like in all of us - but right now, just as you are, you are a child of God, if you have accepted the sacrifice Jesus made for you on the cross.

So, just stop for a moment and simply BE - be what you are already:
God's child, fully loved.

No comments: